Expanded granular sludge bed reactors are used in the treatment of highly concentrated organic wastewater, such as that resulting from potato processing, endive processing, beer, citric acid and paper making, starch wastewater, ethyl alcohol sewage and other light industrial food.
The expanded granular sludge bed reactor is the third generation of the anaerobic reactor, and is similar to the UASB reactor in structure. The expanded granular sludge bed reactor is divided into the water input and water distribution system, reaction zone, 3 phase separation zone, and outlet channel system.
Compared to the UASB reactor, the EGSB has a special water outlet and backflow system. This reactor is a cylindrical tower shape, with a large height to diameter ratio (usually 3-5), with the height of the reactor reaching anywhere between 15 to 20 meters. The expanded bed for the sludge particles improves the contact between organic compounds and microorganisms in the wastewater, improves the mass transfer effect, and increases the biochemical reaction speed of the reactor, thus improving the treatment efficiency of the reactor.
Features of the expanded granular sludge bed reactor
(1) High sludge concentration: The organic loading is over 3 times that of the common anaerobic reactor.
(2) Small volume; Large height-diameter ratio (4~8 generally); Small occupied space
(3) Strong shock resistance; Strong loading ability.
(4) The expanded granular sludge bed reactor can be used for wastewater treatment with a high concentration of SS, and wastewater that is poisonous to microorganisms.
(5) High use value of the methane.
Customization of the expanded granular sludge bed reactor
Please provide the treatment volume, water quality and material requirements.
Huaneng Jinhao manufactures water treatment equipment and domestic sewage treatment plant to global markets, with decades of experience, we can fabricate any water treatment equipment and machinery like industrial water decanter, water filtration equipment, sludge separation equipment, and the auxiliaries of water treatment equipment.
anaerobic digestion, wastewater treatment, sewage treatment